Creative exhibition design in museums and galleries with the unique Klem panel connector!
Do you dream of exhibition spaces that are as dynamic and versatile as the works of art they house? Our patented Klem connector offers museums, galleries and vernissages the ideal solution for a flexible and aesthetic interior design. With simple means and without complicated tools, you can create exhibition spaces that will amaze your visitors.
Do you feel the same way when planning your exhibitions?
- Do you feel restricted by rigid and inflexible options when designing your exhibition space?
- Are you tired of having to set up completely new structures for every new exhibition because the old ones are not adaptable?
- Are you lacking options for quickly and efficiently redesigning rooms to meet the requirements of changing exhibitions?
- Are you wondering how you can improve the dynamics and flow of your exhibitions to offer your visitors an even more impressive experience?
Customer testimonials: How Klem enriches the world of exhibitions
"The Klem panel connector is a real game changer for our changing exhibitions. We can now rearrange our rooms quickly and easily. I am particularly impressed by the stability of the structures - even for heavy works of art."
"I love the flexibility that Klem offers. We redesign the space for each vernissage and the system allows us to create creative and unique presentation spaces. The ease of use saves us a lot of time and effort."
Event manager at a gallery
"For my installations, I need a solution that gives me creative freedom and at the same time presents my work safely. With the Klem system, I can realize my visions without compromise. It's amazing how easy and versatile it is to use."
Artist and exhibitor
The use of panel connectors Museums, galleries and exhibitions
Flexible partition walls, modular partitions and mobile room dividers? Much more is possible with the Klem system! Be inspired and use our panel connector for a wide variety of purposes!
- Partitions for exhibitions: Transform your rooms with flexible partition walls that are ideal for adapting to changing exhibitions. Present works of art and information material in an appealing way.
- Partition walls and room dividers: Define different areas of your exhibition with creative room dividers without having to make any structural alterations. This allows you to visually separate themes and exhibition areas. You can also make partitions rollable with our floor gliders.
- Display cases for exhibits: Design customized display cases that guarantee security and an attractive presentation for your most valuable pieces. Use panels made of glass, acrylic glass or polycarbonate. Our Klem Mini is ideal for small display cases and showcases.
- Pedestals for exhibits: Highlight special works of art or exhibits on pedestals or small stages to draw attention and create a three-dimensional exhibition experience.
- Columns as design elements: Use Klem to build columns that not only have a load-bearing effect, but can also function as striking design elements or information points.
- Guidance system for visitor guidance: With the Klem system, you can design guidance systems that gently guide visitors through your exhibition spaces. Use partition walls, screens and mobile panels. Information boards and displays can also be designed with Klem from a single source!
- Displays for a variety of presentations: Develop individual displays that can be flexibly adapted to the content and context of the exhibition: From information boards to interactive stations.
- Partitions for flexible use of space: With Klem, you can create partitions that fulfill both functional and aesthetic purposes: from employee areas to catering corners to special event zones "behind the scenes".
- Rooms for immersion: Create enclosed areas or "rooms within a room" that can be used for special themes or interactive experiences to create intimate viewing environments.
- Walk-through installations for immersive experiences: Use Klem to create walk-through installations that invite visitors to experience art and exhibits in an immersive context. Transparent panels that provide sufficient lighting can be suitable for this purpose.
- Niches for focused viewing: Create niches with Klem that provide a retreat for contemplative engagement with specific artworks or installations. Or simply serve to visually break up long display walls.
- Themed islands: Design themed islands that serve as interactive or informal learning areas within larger exhibition spaces. Partitions, showcases and pedestals can also be used here to divide up exhibition spaces.
- Modular workshop areas: Set up flexible areas with Klem that can be quickly adapted for workshops, lectures, artist talks or presentations. Including counters and work tables.
- Interactive learning stations: Create stations with Klem where visitors can actively interact with the exhibition content to learn and discover.
- Sculptures and installations: Klem can also be used to create works of art. Artists use the versatility of Klem connectors to create impressive sculptures and spatial objects that serve as the central eye-catcher of your exhibition.
- Pop-up exhibitions for temporary events: Klem can be used to quickly and spontaneously create exhibition spaces in any environment. Ideal for temporary art events or pop-up galleries.
Assemble, connect, fix!
Tired of complicated panel connectors? Use a different connector for every joint? Cumbersome to use and a wobbly affair in the end?
With Klem, you have a single type of connector for different panel thicknesses and angles. You only need one or two people to lend a hand, an Allen key for each person and a little time for assembly.
Look forward to amazingly stable and flexible constructions!
Which panels are suitable for exhibitions?
The Klem connector stands for limitless flexibility in the design and presentation of art and exhibits. It can be used with almost all panels from 2 to 19 mm thick.
For use in exhibitions, vernissages and art galleries, we recommend panels that are both aesthetically pleasing and functional. Another important criterion is the torsional rigidity of the panels as well as smooth, clean edges for a perfect joint.
In our panel guide, you will find further information and tips on how to make the best use of the clamping system as well as information on panel manufacturers and dealers.
Buy Klem easily in our online store
Assembly examples - variety for exhibitions, galleries and museums
Let our installation examples inspire you. We will show you how you can use the Klem system to create impressive, flexible and innovative room concepts for exhibitions, galleries and museums.
FAQ – Frequently asked questions
How flexible is the Klem connector when designing showrooms?
The Klem connector is exceptionally flexible. You can flexibly connect panels in thicknesses from 2 to 19 mm and freely select the angle. This means that the structure and composition can be adapted to different rooms at any time.
How many connector types do I need?
Klem does not differentiate between L-connectors, T-connectors, corner connectors or 30°, 60°, 90°! There are only two connectors (the classic Klem and the Klem Mini), with which you can realize all connections completely freely.
Can Klem be used for temporary or pop-up exhibitions?
Absolutely, the Klem system is ideal for this: mobile, easy to assemble and disassemble by anyone, easy to transport and can be used in a different way in every room.
How easy is it to assemble and reconfigure exhibition spaces?
Mounting the Klem system only requires an Allen key and one or two people. This ease of use is what makes Klem so interesting for the art scene.
What about storage and transportation of exhibition materials?
The Klem connectors themselves are extremely robust and can be easily transported and stored in cardboard boxes or small crates. The panels used can be easily stacked, sent on tour or stored - make sure to protect the panels if necessary.
Can heavy and large works of art also be presented safely?
The Klem connector enables very stable structures such as pedestals or wall elements on which even larger works of art can be presented safely. If necessary, set the spacing of the connectors closer together and pay attention to their stability and strength when selecting the panels.
How does Klem support creativity in exhibition design?
With the ability to connect panels at any angle, the Klem system offers much more freedom in designing exhibition spaces than other connectors. You can create unique, dynamic and interactive spaces, constructions and sculptures that will inspire your exhibition visitors.
Can Klem be used to create interactive and multimedia exhibitions?
Thanks to its flexibility, the Klem system is ideal for creating interactive elements or multimedia installations. Individual structures and constructions, walk-in installations, projections, interactive, immersive: Let your creativity run wild!
Can the Klem system be used for outdoor exhibitions?
Yes, partially. The metal Klem connectors and silicone inserts should be able to withstand moisture and the effects of weather, but the Klem system was primarily developed for indoor use. If it is, make sure that the panel material in particular is suitable for outdoor use.
Give it a try - order the Klem sample set
Take a look at our sample box and see for yourself how flexible, aesthetic and innovative the Klem connector is, even more than 50 years after its invention!
Try out the large or small Klem connector and think of the many possible applications in exhibition stand construction.