Panels and boards for the Klem connector
Are you looking for a flexible and innovative solution to realize partition walls, movable walls, exhibition walls or individual projects? We have the right panel connector for your project: You can buy the Klem panel connector and accessories right here in our online shop!
Our panel connector is designed to give you flexibility, stability and ease of use. But what kind of panels or boards can you use with our connector? Basic rule: Almost any panel material - as long as it is stable, resistant to bending and between 2 and 19 mm thick!
Our guide to panel materials and panel types will help you get the most out of the panel connecting system. Below we also list sources of supply, i.e. panel manufacturers and panel dealers, where you can buy panels individually.
Panel Guide - The right material for the Klem connector
- Glass panels: Glass has excellent aesthetics and durability, but is very heavy and can break if not handled properly. Safety glass or tempered glass would be a good choice for use with the Klem connector.
- Metal panels: Steel, aluminum or copper is extremely resistant and durable. However, panels made of metal are heavy and require special tools for processing. For targeted use, however, certainly interesting!
- Stone slabs: Natural stones such as marble, granite, slate, but also tiles, earthenware or roof tiles offer diverse and appealing design options in conjunction with the Klem panel connector.
- Creative ideas: You can connect any materials with the Klem connector, as long as they are stiff and strong enough and do not exceed the thickness of 19 mm: We've seen constructions made of panels, dishes, records, and other art installations. Get creative!
"An impressive range of panel materials is available for use with the Klem connector. Success lies in selecting the right type of panel - we will be happy to advise you if necessary."
Theodor Puschkarski - The Inventor
FAQs - Frequently asked questions about panels and boards
Which panels do I use with the Klem system?
You can use almost any panel material with the Klem panel connector, as long as it is stable, resistant to bending and between 2 and 19 mm thick! Furthermore, it often depends on the aesthetics.
Do I need to process the panels before use with the Klem connector?
You do not need to drill, mill, saw anything. The Klem panel connector holds the panels very tightly over the silicone inserts. If necessary, grind or deburr the edges of the panels used and treat the surface as desired.
Can I combine different panel materials with each other?
Definitely! Often it is different materials with different surfaces and colors that make the appeal of a Klem installation.
Can I connect different panel thicknesses with each other?
To connect panels of different thicknesses with each other, you need to cut the duo rolls in half and insert two different ones into one connector each. The Klem connectors are suitable for panel thicknesses from 2 to 19 mm.
What to consider when mounting panels and connectors?
Work best in pairs, you need in principle only some skill and an Allen key. Please note our assembly instructions for constructing with panels and panels.
Can I buy panels and panels directly from KlemLighting?
We are working on it! Are you a panel dealer in Germany or Austria who would like to cooperate with us? Then let's discuss details with pleasure!
Panel materials to use with our Klem panel connector
Please note that the suitability of a particular sheet material for your particular application depends on many factors. What is the intended use? What are your environmental conditions? What are your individual preferences in terms of aesthetics, cost, weight and other factors?
Check the specific characteristics and requirements you have for the panels, and only then decide on a type of panel. If necessary, consult panel dealers or panel manufacturers before making a final choice - below we have listed sources of supply.
An informative overview of a wide variety of sheet materials for interior design, exhibition stand construction and store fitting can be found at Thyssen Krupp Plastics.
- www.interlux.at (DE/EN) is based in Austria and specializes in sustainable trade of high quality wood and board materials. Among them plywood, MDF, OSB. Tip: The translucent double-webbed boards.
- www.koemmerling.com (DE/EN) is a leading manufacturer of high-quality plastic products, including various types of boards. Tip: The rigid foam boards KÖMACEL 10 mm white and dark brown.
- www.alucobond.com (DE/EN) is a pioneer in the field of aluminum composite panels, known for their high quality, durability and versatility. Tip: The composite panels with aluminum face sheets and plastic core 06-10 mm.
- www.egger-holz.at (DE/EN) is an Austrian company specializing in wood products and wood processing. Tip: The chipboard and laminate panels 06-19 mm.
- www.mevaco.at is an Austria-based company specializing in the manufacture and sale of metal mesh and products. Expanded metal, perforated metal, etc. Tip: Perforated metal sheets folded to 10-19 mm.
- www.wettlinger.at is based in Austria and carries wood products as well as panel materials of all kinds. Tip: CELUKA rigid foam boards as used in our reference of the Vienna State Opera.
- www.swap-sachsen.de (DE/EN) produces ecological and sustainable honeycomb panels made of paper at its site in Saxony using state-of-the-art technology.
- www.ecofair.se (EN)is a Scandinavian company that produces, among other things, the sustainable Ecoboards, which consist of at least 92 % recycled paper.
- www.vomo-leichtbautechnik.de is a specialist in lightweight panels. The panels with paper honeycomb core and wood-based material layers on both sides can be customized.